Tuesday, July 15, 2014

CASA-IMPERIAL FINE CHINESE CUISINE

Don’t worry, this isn’t Mexican and Chinese fusion. Although that does sound kind of good. The name may be misleading, but the dim sum sure isn’t. Now, I’ve had dim sum from San Francisco to Denver and it’s not that easy to find proper dim sum, but I've gotta say, the food at this restaurant was not too shabby.



We pretty much had everything that I would ever desire when it comes to dim sum. Lucky me. We had the traditional chow fun (Stir Fried Noodles), siu mai (Steamed Pork Dumplings), lotus leaf wraps, and so much more. But my favorite would be the short ribs. It was glazed in a mixture of honey and soy sauce. I couldn’t help but spin the Lazy Susan back to the ribs. They were pretty good or hen hao as they say it in Chinese.

Dim Sum is basically Chinese tapas.
They are small dishes usually shared with others.


My favorite aspect about this restaurant is the setting. This restaurant is actually set in an old Victorian house. It felt more like a mansion because of the high ceilings and exquisite details. Another aspect that I liked was the mood. This is going to sound cheesy, but I truly felt like royalty when I sat down at the table. The tea pots and chandeliers and chairs made me feel like I was attending a tea party. It's probably the most luxurious, classy restaurant I've ever been to. I kinda want to have my wedding here in the future too.

Casa-Imperial Fine Chinese Cuisine
4125 Steeles Ave E
Scarborough, ON M1W 3T4
Canada


 photo sig_zpsquzz08gd.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment